April 09, 2010

More on the pop

I still have no answer about whether Shasta pop is definitely made in America.  However, I thought I should point out that, after doing the math, we found that our Shasta + syrup idea is somewhat flawed from a price standpoint, coming in at about $1.68 per liter.  (I have no idea how I did the math wrong in the store.  WTF?)  However, Shannon validly pointed out that our version of pop has fewer, more pronounceable ingredients than standard pop, so we might just stick with it anyway.

In other news, I just started a page, called "Made In the US" in an effort to pull together products that I know are made in America.  Considering the plethora of bad sites out there, I'm hoping that this little page will be a beacon of hope of anyone else who's crazy enough to try buying products made only in one country in a global economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment