September 17, 2010

Back from the Dead

It's been a crazy couple of months.

My last post was in May.  Since then we moved, had a baby, had our year anniversary, had my twenty-seventh birthday, started a business... Yikes.  I'll admit that (especially after the baby) I fell off the wagon while I was gone.  Who knows where the stuff I've been buying comes from?  But it's time for that lack of knowledge to come to an end.  More specifically, it's time to figure out where it comes from, then start buying only American once again.  I've been told that (especially with the baby) it'll be hard, but this is something I'm passionate about!  So I'm making my vow once again: for a whole year, I'll only buy products made in America.  I'm doing this for the economy; I'm doing it for the environment; I'm doing it for the knowledge that what I'm buying could not have been made in a sweatshop, or with slave labor, or contain substances that are blatantly harmful to human life.  (I'm looking at you China, and your pile of lead-painted toys!)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment